Sunday, April 8, 2012

Letter from Collins

Lizzy was called into the library by father. Later I talked to her and asked what it was about. She told me that father had received a letter from Mr. Collins about her and Mr. Darcy. I guess some one had told him that Lizzy and Darcy were engaged to be married. Haha can you imagine that? My Lizzy marring Mr. Darcy. I couldn't find a more ill suited match if I tried. No offence to them but I know that Lizzy and Darcy have never gotten along all that well. Father was happy to think that a man with Darcy's status would be interested in his Lizzy.

1 comment:

  1. Jane, you might be surprised to find that my feelings for Mr. Darcy have changed dramatically. It turns out he is kind, amiable, and giving. I can't deny that I am in love with him. It saddens me to know that you and father find our matching so amusing and impossible.

    ReplyDelete